Delicious Tuning 08-18 STI FLEX FUEL KIT MK2 FOR COBB
Delicious Tuning - Mk2 Flex Fuel kit is a complete seamless solution for your Cobb Accessport V3, that any Cobb Protuner can tune. It features all the same functionality as Cobb's standard flex fuel kit, but with a few extra features and functionality.
The Mk2 can use either TGV or O2 sensor inputs (built to order), to get the ethanol content or fuel pressure signals to the ECU. Please select which input you desire from the drop down menu.
With the Bluetooth feature, you can now monitor your fuel pressure, fuel temp for starting, as well as ethanol content. These parameters can also be displayed via the Accessport display.
Flex Fuel Diagnostic System (FFDS) that can detect electrical opens, electrical shorts, sensor failures or even too much water within the fuel. The fault detection can diagnose an open in the electrical system, short, bad ethanol sensor, too much water in the fuel system, and fuel pressure loss.
Fuel Presure System (FPS) will display and dynamically control injector opening time to finely adjust fueling and open in the event of fuel pressure loss.
The included Stumble Fix Kit eliminates the infamous 2800 to 3200 RPM stumble that occurs on 08-16 STi's by eliminating fuel pressure regulator buffeting, through using a more stable vacuum source and specific tuning strategies.
Delicious Tuning FlexFuel BlueTooth Kit includes:
- Delicious Tuning FlexFuel Ethanol Content Analyzer with Integrated BlueTooth
- Delicious Tuning Smart Phone Applications (Android or iPhone Compatible)
- Delicious Tuning Hand Assembled and Pressure Tested Fuel Lines
- Delicious Tuning Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Delicious Tuning Plug and Play Harness
- Delicious Tuning Fuel Pressure Sensor Kit
- Delicious Tuning Stumble Fix Kit
- Continental Flex Fuel Sensor
Compatible with Cobb Pro Tuning Software with Custom Features for Flex Fuel.
Custom Tuning: Please visit our Events page for available tuning slots and to register.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between E85 and FlexFuel? I thought they were the same thing…
- E85 is certain concentration of fuel, being between 68-85% ethanol and the remaining portion gasoline legally. So when you fill up you do not know exactly what you are getting.
- FlexFuel informs the ECU (engine control unit) through unique sensors and electronics added to the vehicle to measure the actual content of Ethanol. Knowing the content allows the ECU to determine proper start up enrichment, fueling, timing, boost and cam control.
Isn’t this the same thing as switching between different tunes provided by a professional tuner?
- No, it is not the same. With just E85 and 91 octane tunes, you may receive a very good tune based on that exact ethanol content it was tuned for. What happens when you need to fill up with 91 octane on a road trip? What is you were tuned for E85 but the pump you filled from changed to E68 for the winter blend? What is your ethanol content and what tune do you use?
So Delicious Tuning FlexFuel allows me to fill up with any quantity of petrol and/or ethanol?
- Yes, with FlexFuel all the guessing is gone, just fill up and go.
How hard is it to install the Delicious Tuning FlexFuel BlueTooth Kit?
- The Delicious Tuning FlexFuel kit is as easy opening the hood to your engine, disconnecting two fuel lines with the provided tool, disconnecting one sensor, installing our own mounting bracket and plugging the new connections into your vehicle. The total install time should take no longer than 20-30 minutes.
Do I need to cut/splice/solder, or tamper with any of the OEM wires or hoses in the vehicle?
- No. Our specific kit is designed to plug into you factory harness and factory fuel lines, along with proper mounting brackets that make for an OEM look, feel and finish. No need to run wires through the firewall, no need to lift the vehicle. Just pop your hood, plug in and go.
Can my vehicle be returned to stock by simply removing the system?
- Yes, your vehicle can be returned to completely stock by removing our installation package. No wires are spliced no hoses cut, remove our mounting bracket, just unplug our system and plug your OEM system back in.
Do I need anything else besides the Delicious Tuning FlexFuel Kit to run E85?
- Yes, you will need the EcuTeK Pro ECU Kit and FlexFuel Tune from an EcuTeK Pro Tuner (such as ourselves) and a vehicle that is supported by EcuTeK FlexFuel RaceROM features.
- You may view all our FlexFuel offerings on our website here:
Do I need two tunes with FlexFuel, one for E85 and one for gasoline (petrol)?
- No, you only need one tune for our FlexFuel package. Our tunes are designed to determine the proper engine parameters based on the ethanol content of the fuel. Reflash your vehicle with our tune, pump in whatever fuel you choose and go.
Why do I need to retune my OEM engine management?
- Delicious Tuning implements additional custom designed tables into the stock engine management system to properly adjust for optimal air/fuel ratios, ignition timing values, boost levels, cam angles, traction control and much more based on the actual ethanol content.
What is the benefit of Ethanol?
- Higher equivalent octane rating of 105
- Cleaner burning fuel, for cleaner emissions
- Cools the engine quickly, great for hot climates
What are the drawbacks of Ethanol?
- Fuel economy will drop about 30-35% with a blend of pure E85
- You will need the ability to retune the OEM engine management system in the vehicle.
- Cold climate starting will be harder due to poor atomization properties of ethanol.
Can I run my own mix of on an E85 tune (not FlexFuel), such as E50?
- A tuned designed around an E85 mix but run on an equivalent E50 mix can cause the ignition timing values to be aggressively high which can cause pre-detonation or ignition knock.
- In some vehicles where the ECU is limited by the range air/fuel adaption will run rich and cause the car to stumble and run poorly throughout the power band and drivability.
How would I have an E50 (or similar) ratio mix in my tank after filling up?
- If you were switching from gasoline (91 octane) to E85 and you were not empty there is a good possibility the ethanol content mix would equate to an E50 (or similar) mix.
How do I view the ethanol content with the Delicious Tuning FlexFuel BlueTooth Kit?
- Download our Android (or IPhone) application and connect to the Delicious Tuning FFBT unit to view your ethanol content.
All parts and services offered by Delicious Tuning have undergone extensive in-house testing and evaluation to insure the highest level of quality and performance. All parts and services are guaranteed to be free from material and manufacturing defects at the time of receipt by the customer. Parts that are damaged by means of water or coolant ingress are not covered under the terms of our warranty. However, the standard warranty in the industry is none at all on parts. Such parts are thus sold "as-is" without any warranty whatsoever. There are no implied warranties of merchant-ability or fitness for a particular purpose. There are no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face of this agreement. Delicious Tuning is not responsible for incidental and consequential damages, property damages, or personal injury damages to the extent permitted by law. Implied warranties of merchant-ability and fitness, in as far as they are applicable, are limited to a term of one (1) year from the original purchase, with a copy of the original invoice.
EPA WARNING:This is a RACE ONLY product manufactured and sold for installation on vehicles to be used solely for competition purposes, which, once installed, may never be used, or registered or licensed for use upon a public road or highway. If you install this part on your vehicle and use that vehicle on a public road or highway, you will be considered in violation of the Clean Air Act and personally subject to a civil penalty of $4,454 per day, per violation.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.