Service Writer / ASE Certified Technician
Position: Service Writer / ASE Certified Technician
Mann Engineering is a fast growing Premier Subaru Performance Shop looking for an Service Writer / ASE Certified Technician who has a main passion for Subarus but with knowledge and hands on experience of other vehicle makes as well. If you are looking for a long term career in the automotive performance industry and up for a challenge of your life, this job is for you!
Hands on Subaru experience (3+ years) a must and other makes and models a PLUS! This is a Full Time offer initially requiring 40 hrs a week. This position will eventually grow into a service / shop manager position so not only are we looking for your technical skills, but someone who can perform above and beyond what we expect and the willingness to learn new technology and advanced equipment. Someone with a small family business mindset that can think for the company and the right management personality that has the mental will power from a moral and ethical standpoint to determine what’s right and wrong even when your direct manager is not there.
• Estimate and service writing;
• Perform all repairs and services;
• Participates in assembling and repairing of vehicles;
• Maintains accurate work records;
• Performs inspections of completed repairs to ensure thorough and quality of repair and suitability of vehicle for return to service;
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
• Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Methods, materials, equipment and operation of general automotive and mechanical repair shops;
• Motorized equipment repair, maintenance and testing;
• The characteristics and maintenance needs of a wide variety of automotive products & equipment;
• Safety practices and principles;
• Occasional minimal assistance to front office on administrative, sales and marketing duties;
• Diagnostics ability
• Suspension knowledge a PLUS!
• Time Management
• Attendance and Punctuality is essential
• Problem Solving
• Ongoing training
• Positive attitude
• Presentable appearance
• Clean driving record and valid CDL
• Attention to detail and organization skills
• Team Player
• BS/BA a plus!
• Lift 50 pounds or more;
• Perform a broad range of automotive repairs and performance parts installation;
• Read and interpret system reports to aid in management of shop and performance of assigned duties;
• This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and lifting.
Full Time Benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical and Dental Benefits
• Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
• Yearly review
• State of the art new shop facility, new equipment and most tools provided (own tools a plus!)
• Fun working and family oriented environment
• Company amenities - Kitchen privileges, occasional company lunches
• and MORE!
Business hours are Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Please email HR@mann-engineering.com with "Subie Guru you can trust!" in the subject line :)
Please include a cover letter telling us why you want this job and your automotive experience along with your own car builds and portfolios! Please copy and paste resume directly in email or attach PDF files only.
No Walk-ins or Phone calls please! Due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to get back to everyone.
Compensation: Up to $30/hr DOE + Referred jobs commission (Full Time Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, Paid Holiday)