Entry Level Service Writer / Automotive Technician
Position: Entry Level Service Writer / Automotive Technician
Mann Engineering is a fast growing Premier Subaru Performance Shop looking for an Entry Level Service Writer / Automotive Technician who has a main passion for Subarus and cars in general. If you are looking for a long-term career in the automotive performance industry and up for a challenge of your life, this job is for you!
Hands on Subaru experience preferred but not necessary, recent grads or last year of school welcome. We are willing to train the right person. This is a part-time to full-time position initially requiring flexible 20 hours a week (4 hours a day Mon-Fri) for training or while you’re still in school with a full time offer after training period. May require rotating weekday schedules depending on the job.
Not only are we looking for your technical skills, but someone who can perform above and beyond what we expect and the willingness to learn new technology and advanced equipment. We are also looking for someone with excellent moral and ethical standards and with a small family business mindset that can think for the company and help us grow!
• Answer phone calls;
• Estimate and service writing;
• Perform all repairs and services;
• Participates in assembling and repairing of vehicles;
• Maintains accurate work records;
• Performs inspections of completed repairs to ensure thorough and quality of repair and suitability of vehicle for return to service;
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
• Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Methods, materials, equipment and operation of general automotive and mechanical repair shops;
• Motorized equipment repair, maintenance and testing;
• The characteristics and maintenance needs of a wide variety of automotive products & equipment;
• Safety practices and principles;
• Occasional minimal assistance to front office on administrative, sales and marketing duties;
• Diagnostics ability
• Suspension knowledge
• Time Management
• Attendance is essential
• Problem Solving
• Ongoing training
• Positive attitude
• Presentable appearance
• Clean driving record and valid CDL
• Attention to detail and organization skills
• Team Player
• BS/BA or in progress a plus!
• Lift 50 pounds or more;
• Perform a broad range of automotive repairs and performance parts installation;
• Read and interpret system reports to aid in management of shop and performance of assigned duties;
• This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and lifting.
• Competitive Pay
• Yearly review
• State of the art shop facility, new equipment and most tools provided (own tools a plus!)
• Fun working and family oriented environment
• Company amenities - Kitchen privileges, occasional company lunches
• and MORE!
Business hours are Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Please email HR@mann-engineering.com with "Subie Fan!" in the subject line :)
Please include a cover letter telling us why you want this job, your automotive experience along with your car builds and portfolios! Please attach PDF files only; other documents will not be opened.
No Walk-ins or Phone calls please! Due to the number of applications we receive, we will not be able to get back to everyone.
Compensation: Starting at $20/hr DOE