AST 4100 Coilovers - For Golf MK6, Non-Coilover Rear
AST Suspension Liquidation Sale - Free Shipping
Brand New - Springs INCLUDED (Standard spring rates 7kg F, 7.2kg R)
SPORTLINE 1 (4100 SERIES)
The 4100 Series shock absorbers utilise high performance monotube technology:
- Monotube design shocks absorbers gives your car a better performance than the standard twin tube design, the gas pressure is separated by a floating piston and eliminates cavitation and airation within the oil chamber.
- The 4100 series shocks allow rebound adjustment with one knob.
- The adjust platform allows the use to adjust the ride height of your car.
- AST suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height and are finished with a KTL coating for an extremely hardwearing finish.
How a Monotube design works?
Monotube design is essential for performance. The oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, and allows the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensitivity felt by the driver, all this added together produces more grip, gives more control and driver feedback from your vehicle.
What is a rebound adjustment?
Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber. By changing the rebound you can directly change the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen eliminates cavitation around the piston.
- 22mm / 14mm diameter shaft struts, non-inverted.
- Steel cylinder body shocks, non-inverted.
- Rebound adjustable (''Singles'').
- Low friction seal.
- Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers, no need for special tools.
- Rubber bushings for ''eye'' shock mounts.
- Optional spherical top mounts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive).
- Rebuildable and fully serviceable.
- Optional custom valving.
NOTE: ALL AST Clearance kits are final and sold "As-is" with no warranty. No returns, exchanges or refunds.